Tebow has made a public spectacle of his religiosity. Genuflecting on the field in a move that has become known as “Tebowing“. Filming a documentary about his biblical indoctrination as a home-schooled boy by his missionary parents. Proselytizing bible verses in his eye-black. Leading prayers on the field. Tebow has pushed his personal faith into the public discourse.
Tim Tebow seems like a nice guy. Seems to be a very positive, generous, caring man. A positive role model for the kids of today. He credits the Bible for informing his morality and defining his clean lifestyle. But as he is someone who holds the bible as the literal and true word of god, there is a dark side that we do not hear about. Tim publicly espouses the biblical virtues of kindness and forgiveness, but he must also be harboring the dark twisted parts of the bible underneath.
The Faith of Tim Tebow:
- The Holy Bible is a perfect treasure of divine instruction. Therefore all Scripture is totally true and trustworthy.
- Judeo-Christian values are the source and support of our rights and freedoms
- All Christians are under obligation to seek to make the will of Christ supreme in our own lives and in human society.
- All humans are sinners, regardless of good deeds or saintly acts. Only accepting Tebow’s faith will keep them from eternal damnation.
- Hell is a real and literal place. The unrighteous will be consigned to Hell, the place of everlasting punishment.
- Non-biblical philosophies, including secular humanism, are propagated by Satan.
- Evolution is false; Creationism should be taught in public schools.
- Adam and Eve are the parents of all humanity.
- God’s plan for marriage and sexual intimacy – one man, and one woman, for life. Homosexuality is not a “valid alternative lifestyle.” The Bible condemns it as sin.
- Homosexuality is a sin, but it can be forgiven if the homosexual is “cured”.
- A wife is to submit herself graciously to the servant leadership of her husband
- Procreation is a gift from God, a precious trust reserved for marriage.
- Abortion is a sin, the murder of a being created in God’s image, and should be illegal.
- Genetic manipulation, cloning, and embryonic stem cell research violate the sanctity of human life, and should be forbidden.
- Christians should oppose all forms of sexual immorality, including adultery, homosexuality, and pornography.
- Pornography is a sin, is dangerous, and is a major contributor to deviant sexual behavior.
Plus Tim believes all the absurd mythological tales from the bible of talking donkeys, burning shrubs, and murderous she-bears!
The press has given Tim an open mic to opine on abortion, virtue, and piety. When will reporters ask Tim to share his views on gay marriage, the subservience of women, the power of the devil, were the dinosaurs too big for the Ark, or the age of the planet?
His overt Christianity has resounded with the American public, most of whom claim to be Christian. The truth is that Tim Tebow’s medieval, fundamentalist, demon fearing, tongues speaking, Christ riding a dinosaur, beliefs are the antithesis of what most Americans believe. In fact, Tim Tebow thinks YOU (and most Americans) are going to Hell.
Tim was home-schooled, forced to memorize bible passages, and indoctrinated with fundamentalist ideology like a Wahhabi boy in a madrasas. If a guy in a robe “Tebowed” in the aisle of a plane, he would get tackled by an air marshal. He shares the same fervor and faith as women’s clinic bombers and the God Hates Fags people.
Why should we treat Tim Tebow any different than any other radical fundamentalist?